In order to successfully obtain a Hong Kong tourist visa, applicants must provide the following documents:
- Valid passport with six months validity remaining from the intended date of entry.
- Filled-in Hong Kong visa application form.
- Completed travel itinerary.
- Proof of sufficient funds.
- Hotel reservations in Hong Kong.
- Return or onward ticket.
Depending on your nationality, additional documentation may be required. Applicants for this visa should also note that they need to prove that their purpose for traveling to Hong Kong is solely for tourism.
The duration of stay for a Hong Kong tourist visa is limited to six months. This visa can also be extended for an additional six months, however the decision is ultimately at the discretion of the Hong Kong Immigration Department. The processing time for a Hong Kong tourist visa is usually around 7-14 days. Applicants should be aware that applications can take longer depending on the time of year, the volume of applications and the visa center where the application is submitted.