- Passport: Ensure that your passport is valid for at least six months beyond your intended stay in Mauritius. It should also have at least two blank pages for visa stamps.
- Visa application form: Complete the visa application form accurately and legibly. You can usually obtain the form from the official website of the Mauritian embassy or consulate in your country.
- Passport-sized photographs: Provide recent passport-sized photographs according to the specifications mentioned by the embassy or consulate.
- Proof of travel Itinerary: Provide a detailed itinerary of your trip, including your accommodation arrangements, dates of travel, and planned activities in Mauritius.
- Proof of Financial Means: Submit documents demonstrating your financial capability to cover the cost of your stay in Mauritius. This can include bank statements, income tax returns, or proof of employment.
- Flight Reservation: Present a confirmed round-trip flight reservation showing your entry and exit dates from Mauritius.
- Travel insurance: Obtain travel insurance that covers medical expenses and emergencies during your stay in Mauritius. Ensure that the insurance is valid for the entire duration of your trip.
- Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate: Depending on your country of origin and recent travel history, you may need to provide a Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate if you have traveled through or originated from a country with a risk of yellow fever transmission.
The standard tourist visa for Mauritius typically allows for a stay of up to 90 days. This duration is usually calculated from the date of entry into Mauritius. However, the immigration officer at the port of entry has the authority to grant a shorter or longer duration of stay based on their discretion.
The processing time for a tourist visa to Mauritius can vary. It generally takes around 5 to 10 working days for the visa application to be processed. However, this timeframe can vary depending on factors such as the volume of applications, peak travel seasons, and the efficiency of the embassy or consulate where you apply. It is advisable to apply well in advance of your planned travel dates to allow for any processing delays.